Wednesday, 1 April 2015

April Flowers.......


Over at
For
Challenge # 62
It's all about ....
Altered Paper/fabric challenge
Alter/change (in an ARTY way) the pattern on  patterned paper or fabric. Use some/all/tiny piece of your original paper/fabric in your project.
So...here is the patterned fabric that inspired me....
Some old vintage floral curtain fabric
(....The 'Sound of Music' film keeps going through my mind for some reason LOL!!
Doe, a deer, a female deer
Ray, a drop of golden sun
Me, a name I call myself.....)

 
 Anyway...back to the Challenge!!...
 
I've been meaning to start another fabric journal for ages...
so this fabulous challenge gave me the Inspiration and motivation that I needed!!
......I've used some of the vintage floral fabric in its original form for the background of my fabric journal page and then cut out two of the flowers from the same fabric and made them into padded embellishments to decorate my fabric journal cover
To make the padded floral embellishments, I've just cut them out and backed them with some felt (sewn together), these little embellies would also look good, with a pin added to the back to make a fabric brooch?
 
Here is the fabric journal cover I created for my DT piece...
I dug through my fabric stash... and found some complimentary fabrics, vintage buttons, doilies, lace, pins, vintage embroidered linens and a picture printed onto fabric
All collaged and hand sewn together.
-oOo-
Now Hop over to.
..for the full deets on this challenge...and see what other wonderful inspiration my talented International team mates have created for this
 Altered Paper/fabric challenge
....and there's a Super prize up for grabs for the challenge winner...

...and, I've got lots of this fabric left....
to make some more fabric pages ....or even a dress or two like Julie Andrews in the film!! ;) LOL
Oh No, got that pesky song in my head again now!!..
Doe, a deer, a female deer
Ray, a drop of golden sun
Me, a name I call myself
Far, a long, long way to run
Sew, a needle pulling thread
La, a note to follow Sew
Tea, a drink with jam and bread.......

 
 On that Note!....
Thanks for Peeking!
Jan x

 

8 comments:

  1. Ah Jan, that's one of my favourite films - loved all those floral outfits she made for the children :)
    Your fabric journal is fantastic - it's a shame so much of the fabric is covered up, but what you've done on top of it is wonderful. I love all the different bits and pieces you've used and how great do the flowers you made look - stunning!! Totally inspirational xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you'd better start making some brooches before you turn into Julie Andrews LOL.

    It looks lovely, wish I could see it IRL :-)

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning Jan,I love all your sewing,you are brilliant at all that....sad to say I'm not lol
    Hope you are well
    Big Easter hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful cover, Jan, the red whites and blue , looks lovely and so sweet together, especially because you used so many different combinations of different fabrics and old pieces .
    So adorable and joyful, dear.
    Have a wonderful Easter.
    Hugs,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your fabric journal is fabulous! LOVE all the things you added and the photo...gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the sweet earworm (I walked down the aisle in a little wooden church 34 years ago to my friend singing EDELWEISS ...)
    What a gorgeous cover you've created for your lovely journal.
    Every detail is precious Jan.
    Happy April
    Happy Spring
    Happy Happy Everything
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a brilliant Art journal cover. I love that vintage material and those puffed up individual flowers look sensational. So much here to look at and take in. I may be some time. Lol Hugs mrs a.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Jan, I'm in LOVE. Love the fabric journal cover. Wish I could hand sew, but I can't grip a needle, so I will admire from afar. I love how you put all those disparate fabrics and embellishments to work for you. This is stunning.

    Thanks for visiting me earlier. I apologize that I haven't been by sooner, but life got in the way of everything and everyone. Now that my friend Kathy has her Kings and Queens AB, and I've started to declutter my home, I can spend more time visiting others.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by...I appreciate all your lovely comments :)