Sunday, 5 July 2015

Rusty Books.....

Over at
Let's Get Arty
For
Challenge # 65
It's all about ....
BOOKS
Anything to do with books:
 e.g. pages, print, origami, gift wrapping with it, repurpose or make your own miniature book, a new book, cover a book , dress up a page inside a book or it could be about your favourite book.....
or any idea of your own, so long as it has something to do with books!
Whatever it is….make it arty!
-oOo-
So...this is what I did for my DT piece...
Inspired by a workshop that I took with Andy Skinner earlier this year, I used some of the DecoArt Media Range..to create
 faux rust, crackled and peeling paint!!

I love the faux rust effect the DecoArt media range gives these chipboard elements.
 I used stencil paste through a Andy Skinner stencil (French elements) to create a raised texture. Then my background on my book cover has been painted and inked. I then used a crackle stamp to complete the shabby look.
I added my faux rusty pieces
and painted, stamped and rusted heart(wrapped in wire)
 
..along with a TH idea-ology doll.
Here is my finished chipboard book cover...

Now Hop over to.


..for the full deets on this challenge...and see what other wonderful inspiration my arty team mates have created for this
 BOOK CHALLENGE
....and there's a Super prize up for grabs  for the challenge winner...

Thanks for Peeking!
Jan x

8 comments:

  1. Scrumptious rust effects, and I adore that weathered background too.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Rusty Book Fun. Your elements are great and they really came together well under your creative handiwork. High on Life July...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fascinating to see your process. For me, the best thing to do with books is READ them - lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful creation Jan, love the look of the new frozen Charlotte dolls too
    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very interesting, I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. loving the rust - a fab make x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's the coolest journal cover! I love all the rustiness with the blues and whites. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by...I appreciate all your lovely comments :)