Wednesday, 15 July 2015

The Summer of Color 5: Week six

WOW!!, we've arrived at the last week of
 and again....what an amazing 6 weeks it has been!
 A Humongous Thank you  to Kristin for being a fabulous hostess and encouraging us all to play along with different mixes of colours combos... especially the ones out of our comfort zones!
This week colour combo is...
1 Orange + 1 Orange + 1 Blue
...now orange is a colour I rarely choose... so I checked my crafty stash and found 2 shades of orange felt!
...and inspired by the fox hunting debate on the News ...I created a felt fox brooch and added the blue in the form of a crochet doily flower.
-oOo-
Sadly, like all good things...they have to come to an end:(
My Summer of Colour now complete, it has been FUN. I've enjoyed creating a variety of different things for this challenge...
Week 1 Knitted Mermaid
Week 2 Photography
 Week 3 Altered fabric book cover
Week 4 Inky, painty, stencil and stamped journal page.
Week 5 Embroidery Hoop Art
Week 6 Felt Brooch
I've also enjoyed visiting other participants and seeing the gorgeous variety of colourful entries! :)
Thanks for everyone who have visited and commented on my SOC posts... I'm still playing catch up here!!..so if I haven't commented on your creations...I'll be around to see you soon!
Thanks for peeking!
Jan x 
 
 

 

24 comments:

  1. Hi Jan! Your fox is absolutely adorable and such a fun and creative way to use this week's SOC colors! Thank you for sharing all of your projects here, too! It has been a pleasure following you these past weeks and I have gotten so much inspiration from your blog! Thank you!!! HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those 3 weeks went stupidly quick! Love the little fox, so sweet :)
    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your fox brooch is adorable and I love your mermaid too. I used to enjoy knitting little figures. I haven't had my knitting needles for ages.


    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Jan... love love your brooch... it is absolutely adorable... and wonderful to see your creations from the six weeks altogether... can't believe it is almost over...

    Jenny X

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it.....and who doesn't remember the Disney movie.... The Fox and the Hound. Just darling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous takes on the colours! I can't really choose between the cute fox brooch or the mermaid, they are all very inspiring.

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  7. your Fox brooch is too cute!! love it! a Little sad the 6 weeks of SOC are over...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your fox. It's such a thrill to see all those lovely and creative entries in this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So talented and versatile! It has been great seeing what you have created during the SOC.

    ReplyDelete
  10. As an observer the time really went by quickly. I loved seeing each of your well-met challenges. This Fox Brooch is adorable and beyond. Happy Summer Sunshine Smiles Dear...

    ReplyDelete
  11. How cute it is Jan, and I love your embroidery hoop, too. It was fun seing what you did with all the colours this five weeks, dear.
    I`m sorry to be so much away from blogging this month, but we are spending wonderful vacation days with the grandkits and family. Next week is normal again!!
    Dorthe, xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE your fox :-)
    All beautiful SOC-entries and so much variety!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE this week's entry with that sweet fox! Beautiful projects each week for the challenge-thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I certainly do adore your fabulous fox! And how fun to see all your SOC creations together - what a delightful variety. Wishing you a color-filled rest of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lots of great makes....that little fox is SO CUTE!

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an adorable idea and your fox brooch turned out so sweet. I'm also sad that it's over now and look forward to next year.

    ReplyDelete
  17. All your projects are wonderful! Love this week's too, so soft because its felt but bright and vibrant too. lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  18. They're all so beautiful - and I LOVE that little fox! Thank you for everything, xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your little fox......she's just beautiful as are all of your other pieces for SOC.......gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Jan, you really ought to pop your link on our group page, the others would love your creations just as much as I have. Adore this week's fox brooch. Have you learnt to crochet then? BJ

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sweet brooch - and so colorful with that lovely flower. Enjoyed seeing all of your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This fox is amazing! I love it so much!! I think it might be my fave along with the mermaid :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by...I appreciate all your lovely comments :)